The pages of the Cancer Registry will be covered by the EU Accessibility Directive, which aims at equality of people in the digital society and consistent requirements for accessibility. Work to meet the requirements is currently underway.
This accessibility statement explains how well Finnish Cancer Registry’s website syoparekisteri.fi complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the website and how you can give us feedback on accessibility problems.
Finnish Cancer Registry is responsible for this online service. We want as many users as possible to be able to access our digital services. We take accessibility into account in the development of digital services.
How accessible is the website?
This online service largely meets the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The online service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below.
Did you notice any gaps in accessibility?
We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of the online service. If you observe any issues that are not described on this page, please let us know and we will do our best to fix any shortcomings. We will respond to requests and comments as soon as possible, but no later than within two weeks.
You can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
Accessibility Requirements online service (in Finnish and Swedish)
Telephone (switchboard) +358 295 016 000
More detailed information on technical accessibility
The online service is not yet fully accessible.
Content or features that are not yet accessible
- Website has some headings which are not descriptive. (WCAG 2.4.6)
- Website has some inaccurate link texts. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- There are several essential pictures which do not have alt-texts. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some videos on the website do not have captions and some of the content which is only available via video or via audio does not have any alternative. (WCAG 1.2.1, WCAG 1.2.2, WCAG 1.2.5)
- There are several diagrams on the website where colour has been used as the only means of conveying information. (WCAG 1.4.1)
- The location of the bread crumb trail differs on some web pages: on some pages it is before the main heading and on some pages it is after it. (WCAG 3.2.3)
- Reading sequence is not always meaningful and focus order is not always logical. (WCAG 1.3.2, WCAG 2.4.3)
- Some form fields do not have labels and some elements have instructions which are not descriptive. (WCAG 3.3.2)
- Some page titles are not descriptive. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- Language is not marked correctly on some pages or in some parts of pages. (WCAG 3.1.1, WCAG 3.1.2)
- There are unnamed and inaccurately executed elements on the website. Some elements have undescriptive names. Website has different kind of menus and form elements which are not announced via screen reader nor is their status announced. Hierarchy in the main navigation is impossible to determine with a screen reader. Website also contains several landmarks with the same name. Website and the files distributed through it do not always have headings marked properly or they have been marked in places where there are no headings. Some files also have problems with lists and tables. They have been used in wrong places, they are not read correctly, or they have not been used places where they should have been used. (WCAG 1.3.1, WCAG 4.1.2)
- There are some status messages which cannot be read with a screen reader. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- There are some elements on the website which cannot be accessed with a keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Screen reader’s focus moves sometimes unexpectedly when user uses certain elements on the website. (WCAG 3.2.2)
- Some information in several diagrams appears on hover. This information cannot be controlled by the user and it cannot be accessed with a screen reader or a keyboard. (WCAG 1.4.13)
- There are some diagrams on the mobile website which can be zoomed in by using two fingers (“pinch-zooming”). There are no alternative ways to do this. (WCAG 2.5.1)
- HTML code does not comply with specification. (WCAG 4.1.1)
An effort will be made to correct the shortcomings listed in this statement before 31.12.2022.
How have we tested accessibility?
The observations in this accessibility statement are based on a third-party assessment of whether the online service meets legal requirements.
Website was published on 24th of July 2017.
This statement was prepared on 23rd November 2021.
The statement was last updated on 14th December 2021.